The Brain and Learning Symposium will feature two days of learning opportunities with a morning keynote session, over 10 afternoon workshop sessions, a curriculum faire hosted by exhibitors and organizations offering a variety of learning activities. The foci of this symposium are to bring educators the most current information on STEM and brain development, to provide tools that help create optimal learning experiences for children, and to offer strategies on how STEM can be integrated with all learning areas.
Highlights of this event include:
- Exploring how the human brain works!
- Discovering how emotions affect learning!
- Finding ways to increase your child’s excitement about learning!
- Expanding your knowledge of how we remember and why we forget!
- Exclusive viewing of Space Shuttle Endeavour and the IMAX movie: Hubble 3-D (only on Friday, April 12)
- Participating in “brain considerate” learning activities and specialized afternoon sessions that will stimulate the brain and enhance student achievement!
- Receiving educational materials that will inspire your own active learning and your work with children!
Workshop Hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Workshop Location: California Science Center: Wallis Annenberg Building
- 1 Day- $85.00
- 2 Days- Early Bird Registration -$125 (through February 28, 2013)
- General Registration -$150 (March 1-March 31, 2013)
- Group Registration -$ 100 (per person through March 1- March 31, 2013)
Sign up for the Special Workshops by downloading the Application Form.
Special Workshop Registration fee includes: parking, lessons plans, materials, and a certificate of attendance.
Enrollment is limited! Register early to reserve your spot.